Wed, 31 Aug|
Introduction to Late Summer Foraging
Are you looking to reconnect with nature having spent too much time inside? Are you having a rethink about your impact on the natural world? Or are you just a food-lover who wants to try new and unique flavours? This is your chance - find out what delicious wild food grows in typical UK countryside
Time & Location
31 Aug 2022, 12:00 – 16:00
Bluebell, Winsford CW7, UK
About the event
This course is designed to get you as involved as possible - this includes identifying, picking and tasting a range of wild species that will be found on the day. There will also be lots of samples of food and drink for everyone to get stuck into!
We like to keep some elements a surprise for the day, but here is what you can expect from your Foraging Workshop:
- a short introduction outlining foraging tips, safety, ethics, etiquette and law.
- a circular walking route taking in different growing environments around the site.
- a closer look at edible wild species and any poisonous lookalikes by a professional forager.
- small tasters of wild food, drink and preserves. These may include liqueurs, syrups, salts, jams, wines and even freshly-picked items straight from the hedgerow!
- each course is run with in an informal fashion, where attendee questions and contributions are more than welcome
- our foraging workshops can be tailored to suit certain mobility requirements. Please do get in touch in advance of buying your tickets to discuss this further. This venue does have some short steep banks that will not be suitable for all, but please do get in touch to find out whether it would be for you or not.
- a chance to slow the pace of modern life down, meet new people and immerse yourself in a rewarding activity.