Wed, 12 Apr|
Spring Foraging and Cooking - Wild Food Workshop and Walk
Are you looking to reconnect with nature having spent too much time inside? Are you having a rethink about your impact on the natural world? Maybe you want to try to source food from somewhere other than your local supermarket? Or are you just a food-lover who wants to try new and unique flavours?
Time & Location
12 Apr 2023, 10:00 – 16:00
Bluebell Wood, Winsford CW7 4EE, UK
About the event
This course is designed to get you as involved as possible - this includes identifying, picking and tasting a range of wild species that will be found on the day. There will also be lots of samples of food and drink for everyone to get stuck into!
The focus with all of our workshops is on the 4 'F's of Foraging: Fungi, Fruit, Flowers and Foliage. We aim for an array of these elements on every session we run (weather and season permitting!)
We like to keep some elements a surprise for the day, but here is what you can expect from your foraging workshop:
- a short introduction outlining foraging tips, safety, ethics, etiquette and law
- a circular walking route taking in different growing environments around the site
- a closer look at edible wild species and any poisonous lookalikes by a professional forager
- a chance to slow the pace of modern life down, meet new people and immerse yourself in a soul-nourishing activity, reconnecting with nature and discovering new flavours.
- the opportunity to hand-pick seasonal wild ingredients for your lunch
- a guided cooking session to create a 3-course al fresco lunch, showcasing the ingredients you've freshly picked.
- each course is run with in an informal fashion, where attendee questions and contributions are more than welcome
Our foraging workshops can be tailored to suit certain mobility requirements. Please do get in touch in advance of buying your tickets to discuss this further. This venue may have some steeper sections that will not be suitable for all, but please do get in touch to find out whether it would be for you or not. Expect a route of around 2-3km predominantly on footpaths.